Mountain View Bible Camp for Children, Inc. was originally founded in 1947 with the purpose of providing a place for kids and adults alike to come and hear the gospel of Jesus Christ in a safe outdoor environment. We invite groups with the same vision to come and enjoy the beauty of God’s creation at Mountain View, and to be drawn to Him as their Lord and Saviour. As a group that seeks to use the camp it is expected that you will present the Gospel to those who are using the facilities under your direction.
As a simple outline, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is included in these Scriptures:
* Romans 3:21-24 (NKJV) – But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus
* Romans 5:8-9 (NKJV) – But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
* Romans 6:23 (NKJV) – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
* Romans 10:8-10 (NKJV) – But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
* Romans 10:13 (NKJV) – For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
* Acts 4:10-12 (NKJV) – let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’ Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”
* Ephesians 2:8-9 (NKJV) – For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
* Titus 3:4-7 (NKJV) – But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
* John 3:16-18 (NKJV) – For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
As our groups prepare for their time at Mountain View, they will include time with our campers and leaders to share the message of hope in Christ’s completed work of salvation, as outlined in the above scriptures, available for every person who comes to Him in faith, repenting of sin, and accepting Christ alone for salvation.